We are excited to announce that Oak Hill has been named a Certified Hunger Action Congregation by the Presbyterian Hunger Program.
From the Presbyterian Hunger Program Website:
Hunger Action Congregations Covenant:
As disciples of a loving God who inspires us to do justice, love kindness, and walk humbly with our God, we commit to faithful action to end hunger and address its root causes.
The purpose of the Hunger Action Congregation process is to acknowledge and celebrate the faithful work of Presbyterians happening around the country to alleviate hunger and end its causes, and to encourage these ministries to be even more holistic and justice-oriented.
Yours is a Hunger Action Congregation if you are doing an activity in one or more of six areas. For congregations that are doing one or more activity in all six areas, you can be a Certified Hunger Action Congregation. All of the Hunger Action Congregations will be celebrated on October 16, World Food Day.
- Hunger Alleviation: providing and/or sharing food in a dignified way with an eye to long-term structural solutions
- Development assistance: addressing the root causes of hunger and poverty through equitable and sustainable development
- Hunger Education: learning about systemic causes of hunger, leading towards faithful action that is informed and directed by directly affected people and partners
- Lifestyle Integrity: adopting sustainable personal and corporate lifestyles to restore justice and protect all of God’s creation
- Corporate and Public Policy Witness: advocating and campaigning for changes in policies and practices to end hunger and its causes, promote self-development, and care for creation
- Worship: incorporating prayer, education, and preaching about ending hunger and its causes into worship
You must be logged in to post a comment.