We are open again for in-person worship effective March 20, 2022!! And we will be singing!! We are opening with previous safety precautions still in place. Our COVID-19 Task Force has reviewed the status of the virus and feel it is safe to return to in-person worship. (See the guidelines listed below that we plan to follow for our in-person worship.)
(We will continue to worship on Zoom for those who are unable to join us in person and the worship bulletins will still be posted on our website www.oakhillpcusa.org. (See Worship At Home). If you’d like to join us remotely, please use Meeting ID: 768 992 383. (You can also call in, by phone, at 312-626-6799, then enter the same meeting ID.)
The Rev. John Harrison will be preaching on March 20.
Pastor Alan will be leading other parts of the service.
Sunday school for all ages is at 9:30 a.m. (in person and on Zoom).
We will be collecting dried or canned beans for Isaiah 58 Ministries on Sunday, March 20.
Articles and pictures for the April newsletter on due on Monday, March 21.
Wednesday Bible Study is at 11:00 a.m. on March 23. During Lent they will be reading Witness at the Cross by Amy-Jill Levine. Zoom ID # is 259 777 226, Password: Disciple.
The Mission and Justice Committee will meet at 6:30 p.m. on Wednesday, March 23, on Zoom.
The Stewardship and Property Committee will meet at 7:30 p.m. on Wednesday, March 23, on Zoom.
Please consider donating a bag of individually wrapped (plastic egg or smaller sized) candies for Oak Hill’s Annual Easter Egg Hunt at the Turkish Pavilion in Tower Grove Park on Saturday, April 16, at 10 a.m. (Candy may be place in the box outside the sanctuary (next to the chairlift) or in the church office beginning March 20.)
GUIDELINES FOR RE-OPENING THE CHURCH
MARCH 20, 2022
- Masks will still be required for the congregation.
- Social distancing still required. Everyone sitting in the pews is required to maintain a 6’ distance from those outside your inner circle. If you are not comfortable next to people, please feel free to move to another location.
- The congregation will be allowed to sing, but masks are still required.
- Communion will be served using the pre-packaged communion units provided by the church. People may also bring their own elements. Hand sanitizers will be widely available.
- Sunday School will be hybrid (in person and on Zoom), following these guidelines.
- The nursery will be re-opened pending notification from the Worship and Christian Education Committee. (Nursery care is provided during our Sunday 10:30 a.m. worship service.)
- On Sundays there will not be an indoor time of fellowship following worship. Everyone will be encouraged to visit with one another outside following the service.
- Church group and committee meetings may resume following the same rules that apply to worshipping in the sanctuary. It is up to the group to decide if they wish to meet in person or online. If you plan to meet in person at the church, please notify the office so your meeting may be put on the calendar, thus avoiding any conflict if another group/committee is meeting.
- Non-church group meetings may resume following the same criteria as mentioned above. Groups wishing to meet at Oak Hill should contact the church office.
- We will continue with hybrid worship services until further notice.